Monday, May 13, 2013

Storm Corrosion

I can't stop listening to the Storm Corrosion song "Ljudet Innan" over and over and over again. It is simply stunning. And sexy. And sad. And ethereal. And mellow.

The song opens up with Michael Ã…kerfeldt's drop dead gorgeous voice, his voice is so angelic, so otherworldly...so refreshingly different. And very jazz-like, actually now that I think of it. After Michael's brief but beautiful part is over, there comes this wonderful, atmospheric and billowing sonic landscape. Through that starts a pulse..this little ping that serves as the heartbeat of the song, or some subconscious ticking of time...perhaps the endless ticking of time waiting for someone who will never come back to you... The mood this part of the song sets is achingly, sadly, heartbreakingly divine. Add in the exquisite phrasing that is done on guitar by Akerfeldt..and you feel this longing, the sorrow...this melancholy, and it's wonderful. Then, Steven Wilson comes in. His voice soft, pleading, alluring, vulnerable...mesmerizing. This is the most sensual I think I have ever heard him sing...and I am in love with his voice and those words. So much so that I made a little slide show of pics that I captioned with his lyrics. I usually feel like too  many self pics are narcissistic and self indulgent...but please believe me, that is NOT my intention nor my deal...at all. With that being said, here are the pics. Ehhh, I just went and upped all these pics and typed the captions and I definitely felt it looked rather juvenile and tumblr-ish....but I'm doing it anyway!



                                            I purge you now, cause I got hope inside me....


                                                Come back to me now, it's after hours...

Cause I'm nowhere now, without you here. Cold wind will come. I purge you.




No comments:

Post a Comment