Friday, May 10, 2013

Current Playlist and Other Thoughts

Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing
Frank Zappa - Hot Rats
Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
Tori Amos -  Boys For Pele
Joni Mitchell - Blue
Phish - 12/30/2009 (Miami)
Steely Dan - Aja (particular focus on Home At Last)
Bela Fleck & The Flecktones - Jingle All The Way (yes, I realize it's May)
Jeff Beck - Live at Ronnie Scott's (Tal Wilkenfeld...ridiculous!!!)

I like to make up my own harmonies to songs I sing along with. Lately I have been harmonizing with the Porcupine Tree song "I Drive the Hearse" from beginning to end. I especially enjoy singing harmonies with the parts that don't have harmonies already in them. There is something so intimate about harmonizing, when you make that beautiful vocal pairing and that magic synchronization of voices happen...you feel so connected to the artist you are singing with. Like you are sharing something personal with them. I have found myself playing that song over and over again so I can experience that intimacy...not to mention I just really like the harmonies I made up with the song. ;)

                                     I Drive the Hearse. Beautiful song

I don't harmonize to this song, I just sing along...this a very favorite version of a very favorite song - Father Lucifer.
Sound quality on this isn't the most ideal,but it isn't terrible...


My favorite song off Hot Rats (along with Peaches En Regalia, of course) - Willie The Pimp. What a jam!

Jeff Beck - no words necessary - though I must admit..I had a very hard time deciding which video to post. All so amazing.

Bela Fleck & The Flecktones...love this cover!!








No comments:

Post a Comment