Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Northern Lights are Waving to Me

Photo courtesy of earthsky.org - captured by Antti Pietikainen in the autumn of 2011




I always have the itch to travel. If I had my druthers I would travel the world all year round, exploring every tiny village and large metropolis, taking millions of pictures and amassing an impressive collection of souvenirs along the way. Of course I would occasionally be checking in at home base...I guess.

Unfortunately, I am not in the position to be able to travel all year, so I have reconciled myself to the idea of taking one interesting trip every year or so. This year, I am planning on Iceland! At the top of my list of things to see is the Northern Lights. I ache to see them. I feel like there is a void in my soul until I see them. It is just something that has been pulling at me lately with a strong gravitational pull. I don't think I can rest until I see the Aurora Borealis!

I understand that I am not guaranteed to see them. Which I admit is a rather daunting thought. But Iceland is such an interesting and beautiful place, all will not be lost if I don't see those elusive and magical lights. In fact it would just give me reason to keep traveling to find them!
I am doing my research on Iceland and biding my time waiting for the right deal to come along. Though I may not have any concrete plans yet...I am excited at the very thought of standing under the Icelandic sky, marveling at the wonder that is the Northern Lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment