Thursday, March 21, 2013

Getting Back in Shape (ugh)

Since I moved back to MA I have been visiting many places I hadn't had a chance to see on  previous vacations home. By "places" I mean mostly restaurants, and by "hadn't had a chance to see on previous vacations home" I mean restaurants I hadn't visited over and over and over again..with maybe a few new eateries thrown in for good measure here and there. I have been eating with no regard for anything but sheer deliciousness, and boy oh boy is it catching up with me. I'd like to blame it on New England food being so much better than South Florida food (which it is) but I know that the delectable cuisine here is only partly to blame. I have thrown caution to the wind and really have been on a bit of a binge since moving back! My bad.

While perusing some old pictures of me that I recently found, I  came to the realization that, GOOD LORD, I need to get back in shape ASAP. So, effective a couple weeks ago I began my healthy eating and exercise routine that literally dominated my life for years in my mid to late twenties. It was hard work then. It is even harder work now. I find that my metabolism- which was never kind to me to begin with, really has some kind of evil grudge against me in my 30's. That bitch. So, results are not quite as fast as they once were. But I am now determined. I have to gradually build up my exercise routines to be what they once were, as I get tired much sooner than when I was at my peak physical fitness. It is frustrating trying to remember that point, when certain moves or segments that were once so easy are so taxing for me now. But I find I can do more and more little by little every day. Hopefully, it won't be too long until I am resembling something like this again:

I tried to pick a picture that wasn't too risque from the collection I stumbled upon. I was about 26/27 when this was taken. I wasn't too thin, and I wasn't too heavy- just right. I figure that a bathing suit picture is much more revealing, so this would be a "modest" choice in comparison, right? So, the fitness journey continues.....

No comments:

Post a Comment